378 Plantation Street
Worcester, MA 01605
A time to recuperate or to substitute for a caregiver temporarily.
A “respite” is a short-term break from something. Respite stays at Beaumont are ideal for individuals to get back on their feet after a hospital stay or when their caregiver isn’t available temporarily. Such stays can be coordinated for any amount of time; we encourage a multiple-day plan for the person’s ease and comfort.
Respite guests stay in private or semi-private rooms, join in the daily routines of our Beaumont community, and enjoy all of the services and amenities available to our long-term care Residents:
- A home-like atmosphere
- Medical management by a physician, nurse practitioner or physician assistant
- On-site nursing staff 24 hours a day
- Medication management, monitoring and administration
- Access to physical, occupational and speech language therapies (at an additional charge)
- Assistance with bathing, dressing and grooming
- Balanced, therapeutic meals and snacks
- Housekeeping, linen and laundry services
- Participation in social and recreational activities
- Supportive care for people with Alzheimer’s disease and dementia
An Individual in our Beaumont Respite Program has access to clinical staff for further assessment, if needed, and may transition to long-term care with us if considered appropriate.