SALMON Adult Day Health at Northbridge
The Adult Day Health Center at Northbridge was designed specifically to suit a day program for seniors and disabled adults.
- An open plan with the kitchen visible creates a more active setting.
- A spacious layout encourages clients to move around and walk, allowing feelings of greater freedom.
- A separate, adjacent room provides a place for rest, participation in quiet activity or a break for clients experiencing overstimulation.
- Four handicapped-accessible restrooms limit client waiting times.
- Windows at the Center make observation of activity and intervention by the director, nurse and social worker easy and immediate.
- A discreet door for staff members helps prevent exit attempts by clients with dementia.
- Safety features are employed (security hardware installed on all exterior doors, which dramatically reduces the risk of client elopement).
- A sunny, fenced patio with a grill provides an inviting outdoor space that manages safety and security concerns.
- An overhang at the Center’s outer door allows clients to enter and exit our coach sheltered from the elements.
- The Center has a cozy, home-like environment.