Become a Hospice Volunteer
SALMON Hospice is always looking to add caring, compassionate individuals to our volunteer pool. Volunteers typically spend 1-2 hours per week with a patient, providing companionship and often times relieves a caregiver. Some common tasks include:
- Doing a hobby or activity that interests the patient
- Taking the patient outside for some fresh air and to experience nature
- Sitting bedside, holding a patient's hand and providing a comforting presence
- Reading to the patient from a book, magazine, newspaper or bible
- Running an errand for either the patient or caregiver
- Helping out in our office with filing, photocopying, and with mailings
- Being a greeter at our bereavement support group
Free training on how to be a hospice volunteer will be provided, along with on-going continuing education and support.
The first step to becoming a volunteer is completing the online application:
For more information, please call our Hospice Line at (508) 422-1837.