Coronavirus: Community Updates
Click here for: COVID-19 Testing Results*
*Note: This grid will be updated on Monday each week. If and when a positive case is reported, the grid will be updated to reflect new data.
SALMON Health and Retirement has been monitoring the evolving worldwide coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak and preparing for the safety and well-being of our residents, staff, and visitors. We understand that visiting friends and family is an important part of maintaining relationships, however, we also recognize that the population we serve is amongst the most vulnerable. As a result, we are determined to limit contact of any infected persons with our residents and staff and are making modifications to our visitor policies based on CDC guidelines.
The risks of COVID-19 are greatly reduced when common-sense measures are consistently taken to limit contact and when we take the appropriate measures to manage universal infection control practices—on which all our staff at SALMON are routinely educated and trained on.
- Having residents self isolate in their apartments or rooms
- Cancelled communal dining and all group activities, such as internal and external group activities.
- Implemented active screening of residents and staff for fever and respiratory symptoms.
- Reminding residents to practice social distancing and perform frequent hand hygiene.
- Screening all staff at the beginning of their shift for fever and respiratory symptom and actively taking their temperature and documenting absences, shortness of breath, new or change in cough, and sore throat. If they are ill, they will put on a face mask and self-isolate at home.
- Helping residents communicate and connect with their loved ones during this time through virtual calls and regular phone calls.
With the ever changing guidelines set in place by the CDC and MA DPH, visitation at our communities fluctuates. For the most up to date guidelines for your campus location, please contact the Executive Director.
Thank you for your help in keeping our residents and staff safe.